If you’re looking for a SiteGround Review that gets to the point, you’re in the right place. We’ve focused our review on what matters – pricing, support, and the pros and cons. So, here’s a quick overview of whether SiteGround is a good fit for your website.
Founded in the United Kingdom in 2004, SiteGround has become a global conglomerate. You’ll find offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Bulgaria. The company has well-placed data centers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Singapore, and Australia, which is part of why it is so successful.
SiteGround isn’t cheap—you will pay at least $6.99 per month as a new client. Renewals start at $14.99 a month.
It is interesting that the company only gives significant discounts on its 12-month subscriptions as many other hosts allow you to use the rate over a two- or three-year term.
SiteGround offers three plans:
- Startup: Pay $83.88 for the first year, or $14.99 per month. You may add one website and opt for managed WordPress services. The downside is that you’re limited to 10 GB of webspace, but this plan is best for small sites with less than 10,000 visitors a month.
- Grow Big: Pay $119.88 for the first year, or $24.99 per month. For the extra money, you have unlimited websites and collaborators, high-speed caching, and access to staging. The option is only suitable for sites with less than 25,000 visitors a month.
- Go Geek: Pay $179.88 for the first year, or $39.99 per month. You have access to every product and feature in the Grow Big package, including priority support, Git, and white label clients.
Clients may contact the firm via instant chat on the site, or by logging a support query. Reviews of support received are mixed.
We were disappointed to see that for priority support, you must sign up for the Go Geek package—great service should be standard.
- 99.99% uptime
- Uptime is guaranteed at a minimum of 99.9% (or that month’s hosting is free)
- Breakneck load speeds
- Knowledgeable support staff
- 24/7 live chat
- One free website migration
- Limitless DIY migrations
- Free tech assistance for the more expensive plans
- A flat fee of $30 for extra sites if you exceed the limits of your package
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Free SSL Certificate
- Managed WordPress hosting is standard with all packages
- Unlimited databases and unmetered traffic on all packages
- Ample features for beginners and advanced users
- Support for major web builders, such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and Weebly
- More expensive plans come with a range of developer features for complete customization and staging
- Your website is protected by artificial intelligence that stops an attack before it begins
- 30-day money-back guarantee for shared hosting plans
- 15-day money-back refund for VPS, Cloud, or Dedicated hosting plans
- Free daily backup with most plans
- 12-month sign up for the initial discount
- Renewal rates are surprisingly high
- The cheapest plan isn’t competitively priced
- Allocated webspace is small compared to competitors
- No free domain name
- There have been some complaints about the service
At first glance, SiteGround’s packages seem overpriced. It’s a mistake to write it off, however. Features like Managed WordPress, unmetered traffic, and limitless databases cost extra with other hosts.
Managed WordPress solutions include automatic updates of plugins, and WP, speed optimization, and expert support. For a beginner feeling out of their depth, or a busy web developer, these solutions are extremely useful.
SiteGround’s uptime record and consistently outstanding load speeds make it worth considering this premier service. Will it be excessive for a beginner blogger? Probably, but as an e-commerce or business website solution, it’s difficult to beat.
- Best web hosting Australia
- Best web hosting Canada
- Best web hosting Malaysia
- Best web hosting Singapore
- Best web hosting UK
- Best Cheap website hosting
- Best web hosting for small businesses
- Best web hosting for ecommerce
- Cheap Web Hosting Murrieta: 2022 Guide for the US - December 2, 2022
- Cheap Web Hosting Thunder Bay: 2022 Guide For Canada - December 2, 2022
- Cheap Web Hosting Charlottetown: 2022 Guide For Canada - December 2, 2022