After working with various hosting companies, Trey Gardner founded GreenGeeks in 2008. In a short time, his company has garnered over 500,000 websites. He also has data centers in the Netherlands, the United States, and Canada.
Today, GreenGeeks services over 40,000 happy customers worldwide. With the pressure of companies to become more eco-friendly, GreenGeeks also offers a competitive advantage over other web-hosting services—a promise to deliver quality services while saving the environment. This makes one of the best-
In this GreenGeeks review, we explore this hosting provider’s offer on pricing, support, and benefits.
GreenGeeks offers two main hosting types: shared hosting (which is great for most websites) and WordPress hosting (which is better for WordPress CMS users). Both packages provide the same scope of services, though WordPress hosting is preferred by WordPress websites.
Let’s take a look at the three shared hosting plans. Not every website shares the same needs and priorities, but these features are mostly available in all three plans:
- Free Nightly Back-up
- Free Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Unlimited Web Space
- Unlimited Data Transfer
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Free Domain Name registration for the First Year
- Free SSL Certificate
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 300% Green Energy Match
No GreenGeeks review would be complete without more detail on these features below:
Lite: $2.95 per Month
If you’re only managing a single website and don’t need too many complicated features (like a simple portfolio or a service website), Lite is the cheapest plan you can use with GreenGeeks.
Equipped with LSCache, your website can pre-load static content (images and texts that do not change constantly), efficiently streamlining your content for faster loading speeds.
Pro: $5.95 per Month
Capable of accommodating unlimited websites, Pro comes with advanced features that can power your website to twice the standard performance.
GreenGeeks’ Pro is the best option for website owners who want that extra something from their hosting provider.
Premium: $11.95 per Month
Premium is for website owners who expect massive amounts of traffic or require more functionality. If you’re planning to put up various websites, direct huge amounts of traffic, or create an online store, this plan is for you.
On top of Lite and Pro’s features, the Premium plan offers over 4X performance and a FREE dedicated IP.
If your online business identity is crucial, the dedicated IP assigned solely to your account will go a long way.
GreenGeeks offers a 24/7 support team available via phone, email, and chat. Detailed guides are also available on their website.
- Above Average Uptime—With an uptime of 99.98%, GreenGeeks is certainly reliable.
- Good Load Time—Website speed is essential, and GreenGeeks’ 445ms score is more than adequate.
- Good Support—You can contact the customer support team anytime as needed.
- Free Domain & Site Migration—This is helpful if you’re not a master on the technical landscape.
- Environment-Friendly—If you’re a renewable energy advocate, GreenGeeks will align beautifully with your principles. The team buys three times the wind energy credits to compensate for your website’s power consumption, for example.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee—If you find GreenGeeks’ services unsatisfactory within 30 days, you may opt for a full refund.
- High Renewal Price—The Lite plan is only worth $2.95/month if you sign up for three years. Otherwise, the rate is $9.95/month.
- Refund with Strings Attached—The money-back guarantee deducts the price of your domain registration, which is worth $24.95.
As seen in this GreenGeeks review, the hosting provider is ideal if you’re looking for cheaper alternatives. The hosting quality is functional, with above-average uptime, and a responsive customer support team.
We recommend that you read the fine print before committing your website to ensure you’re fully aware of GreenGeek’s terms.
- Cheap Web Hosting Nampa: 2023 Guide for the US - March 30, 2023
- Cheap Web Hosting Paterson: 2023 Guide for the US - March 30, 2023
- Cheap Web Hosting Leamington: 2023 Guide For Canada - March 30, 2023