Before you build a website, blog, or online store, you need to find a reliable web-hosting provider. Bluehost is one of the most reliable, budget-friendly web hosting companies out there. It has been in the hosting business since 1996 and powers more than two million websites worldwide.
Besides offering various web hosting solutions, Bluehost also provides SEO services, marketing training, social media marketing, domain registration, and graphic design services. With its wide range of services, it can meet everyone’s needs—from beginner bloggers to established e-commerce platforms.
If you’re in the market for reliable and affordable hosting, consider Bluehost. Let’s see what makes them a viable choice.
- Best web hosting Australia
- Best web hosting Canada
- Best web hosting Malaysia
- Best web hosting Singapore
- Best web hosting UK
- Best cheap web hosting
- Best web hosting for Small Business
- Best web hosting for Ecommerce
- Best Free web hosting
Bluehost specializes in shared web hosting. The company has three different packages of shared hosting:
- Basic plan – With the basic plan, you can only host one website and 25 subdomains. The plan comes with 50 GB of disk space and five email accounts. It costs $2.95 per month for the first year and renews at $7.99 per month.
- Plus plan – The Plus plan costs $5.54 per month for the first term and renews at $10.99 per month. It comes with unlimited storage space, bandwidth, and websites. It also supports unlimited email accounts.
- Prime plan – With the Prime plan, you get all the features of the Plus plan. You’ll also enjoy domain privacy and SiteBackup Pro as additional perks worth at least $80 per year. This plan costs $5.45 per month for the first term and renews at $14.99 per month.
Bluehost’s shared web-hosting service is ideal for a beginner’s website. You can easily upgrade to higher-level hosting solutions as your website grows. These solutions include:
- WordPress hosting – A hosting plan optimized for WordPress-based websites. It starts at $2.95 per month, renewing at $7.99 monthly.
- WooCommerce hosting – This plan comes with all the essential resources you need to set up an e-commerce store. Prices start at $6.95 monthly and renew at $13.99.
- VPS hosting – If you need virtual dedicated web resources in a shared environment, VPS hosting has you covered. This plan costs $18.99 per month, renewing at $29.99 per month.
- Dedicated server hosting – With dedicated hosting, you have all the server resources for yourself. It costs $79.99 per month and renews at $119.99 per month.
All Bluehost hosting plans come with a one-click WordPress install. You also get a user-friendly control panel for managing your hosting and creating databases.
Bluehost Customer Support
Many website owners choose Bluehost for their reliable customer support. If you have any issues with your hosting, you can find support via live chat, email, or support tickets. You can also speak to one of Bluehost’s hospitable and knowledgeable customer support representatives on the phone.
Bluehost is committed to customer satisfaction. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all its plans. If you cancel your subscription within 30 days, you’ll get a full refund. However, Bluehost will not refund domain registration fees.
Pros of Using Bluehost
- Pricing: Bluehost’s plans are affordable for most users, especially beginners
- Reliability: The company hosts millions of websites with minimal downtime
- Ease-of-use: Bluehost has a user-friendly interface and useful Weebly website builder
- Free domain: Customers get a free domain for the first year of hosting
Cons of Using Bluehost
- No window-based servers
- No cloud-hosting service
- Higher domain-renewal price
- Too many upselling add-ons
Bluehost is an excellent option for those looking for a reliable web-hosting service with a strong reputation. Its excellent customer support, strong uptime, and competitively priced beginner plans make it a reliable hosting provider. Besides being great for website owners on a budget, it can also work for large and small businesses. Bluehost’s major downside is the upselling, which can make you exceed your hosting budget if you are susceptible to these marketing efforts.