Create the WhatsApp chats more vibrant by introducing a different wallpaper for each chat!
WhatsApp is among the mobile apps that allows users to set personal chat backgrounds, different from the default wallpapers. But that’s not the only thing that can be customized on the platform for communication.
On WhatsApp You can choose different wallpapers for various chats! You can choose an image to be the background for all chats, or create a custom wallpapers for your most favorite (or other) chats. Here’s how to do it.
Table of Contents
Choosing Your WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper
Start WhatsApp on your smartphone and start any chat or chat that requires a an entirely different wallpaper to the others. Tap the ellipsis symbol (three horizontal dots) in the upper right edge of your screen.
Then, select “Wallpaper” in the drop-down menu.
Tap to select the desired wallpaper category from the screen titled ‘Custom Wallpaper.
If you are using dark mode, you’ll first be presented with the screen ‘Chat Wallpaper’ using the dimming option. Click the ‘Change’ button below, and then select the wallpaper category you want to use on the next screen.
The wallpapers can be used to private chats (custom wallpapers) as well as all chats.
- HD wallpapers can be customized wallpapers that feature vibrant and bright images and artwork that could include bright monochrome pictures as well.
- Dark wallpapers are wallpapers made specifically for you with a dark-themed theme. They include dark monochrome pictures as well as dark and light photos as well as images with neon hues against dark backgrounds.
- Solid colors are basically colorful variations that WhatsApp’s standard wallpaper. You can select to choose a simple and solid background or a wallpaper with doodles and doodles similar to the wallpaper’s default design.
- My Pictures will take you to your gallery, where you can select a wallpaper from your camera roll, save images, screenshots, and more.
- The default wallpaper is WhatsApp’s default wallpaper that has a dark, mostly gray background and drawings.
Applying Your Chosen Wallpaper
Browse through the selection of wallpapers in your category, and then tap to choose the wallpaper you like best. Then, press”Set Wallpaper” icon in the preview of the wallpaper you have selected.
If you select “Solid Colors” you have the option to have the doodles remain on your background or remove them. They will be added automatically. To get rid of them you must click the tickbox next to “Add WhatsApp Doodles’ to deselect it, and then keep a simple solid color wallpaper. After that, press the ‘Set Wallpaper’ option.
There will be an option to set wallpaper to confirm whether you want to set the wallpaper to the chat you selected in the first line (“For the chat you’re in”) as well for any chat within the current theme of your WhatsApp (“For all chats with a light or dark theme).
Press the radio button the middle of your preferred wallpaper and press “OK”.
The wallpaper you want is now in place.
- If you choose to apply a customized wallpaper, which is a distinct chat wallpaper, for a specific chat, you are able to consecutively alter the wallpaper of your choice without making an option within the “Set Wallpaper’ box. This doesn’t apply when you set a wallpaper to all chats.
- If you choose to apply wallpaper to all chats within a certain theme the wallpaper will alter when you alter your WhatsApp themes (light/dark). In this way, you’ll be able to use two different chat wallpapers that match the two themes and modes, and change between the two.
That’s it! We hope that you found our guide helpful.