Everything you must know about the limitations on participants in the course of a Zoom meeting
Zoom has made huge online gatherings feasible during the epidemic. The free version of the platform offers groups of up to 100 people. However, it has some limitations.
You are able to have unlimited meeting durations in one-on-one meetings with Zoom’s free plan. But when you are holding group meetings, the duration is restricted by 40 minutes. This may not be sufficient for purposes of webcasts or seminars, or even large-scale group meetings for some organisations. This is why Zoom provides three paid plans that allow participants to upgrade to as high as 300, 500, or even 1000 people for a single event. Let’s look at the plans in depth and discover which one will meet your needs best.
Table of Contents
Different plans available on Zoom to expand the number of participants
The three plans available on Zoom are referred to as “Pro”, ‘Business’, and Enterprise.
- The Pro package, you can host meetings of 100 people with no time limit for group gatherings. The cost is $15 per month.
- The Business Plan, you can hold meetings with up to 300 people. The cost is $20 per month.
- With the Enterprise plan You can hold meetings with up to 500 people. The cost is also just $20 per month however, you must get in touch with Zoom’s Zoom sales team to sign up for the plan.
Tips: Opting for the annual plan can result in an attractive discount.
Add-on Plan specifically created for large-scale meetings
Zoom offers an additional plan called “Large Meetings which allows you to expand the number of participants in your meetings. It is possible to host a meeting with up to 1,000 or 500 participants using this plan.
- for 500 people, this add-on can be purchased for $50 per month.
- For 1000 participants, the cost is $90/month.
But, be aware that you can’t access this feature on your account for free. You must register for an Enterprise, Pro or Education account to access the Large Meetings Add-on. It is also possible to get this add-on for the Zoom Room for a nominal cost for webinars or seminars.
This is all you have to know about increasing the number of participants participating in group meetings using Zoom. You can now select the best plan based on your needs and hold meetings with more participants easily.